ELDER GULL'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE

Sunday, June 10, 2012

May 29, 2012

Dear Family



Sorry its been a couple weeks since I last wrote you guys. I have been really busy and it seems like I am even busier on P-Day then any other day. It’s been really busy the last couple weeks. Me and Elder Stokes have been working real hard to get to know all the Less Active Members or Part Members in our Area, which isn’t as easy as it sounds because there is a lot of them. Plus most people have work down the hill in Los Angeles or other places near LA. So a lot of people are gone during the day. We have however found some new investigators recently. There is this guy named Christopher Jordan, he is the boyfriend of a member who is trying to get back into coming to church. The first time we met them, she called and asked us to give him a Priesthood Blessing cause he had been jumped while he was paying for gas. They broke his jaw in two places and did some other things to him. I can’t really remember what though. But when we talked to them the day after the blessing. He said how he felt something, since then they have both quit smoking and we have set a baptismal date with him. This guy is really sold. It is pretty cool to talk to this guy and see his excitement to learn more about the Church. There is another person that we have somewhat started teaching that used to be one of the “Top Dogs” in a gang down in Los Angeles. But moved up here because he wants to turn his life around and learn about God. This area is starting to pick up and show some results for all the hard work I’ve been doing since I got here. I am getting better, but my allergies are still really bad. Before I forget, Happy Birthday to Mom and Kaytie. I’ll try to get something for you guys on Monday but for right now I’m broke. How is everyone doing. Its crazy that school is out again. It seems just like yesterday Del and Don graduated and now in August Kaytie is going to be a Senior in High School. That’s crazy. I’m gonna try to do a better job of keeping you informed in whats going on. I have really been slacking with that lately. Actually I have not been doing a good job with that my whole mission. I’m doing good though. I am really enjoying my mission and really like helping everyone out that will let me. I’m glad that I came on a mission instead of missing out on this awesome blessing. I know this is where I need to be there is no doubt in my mind anymore. A mission really has helped me to become a better person. I don’t get angry as much with people and I can actually stop and talk to people that I don’t know. Probably not to the extent Don does, never was as talkative as him. But most important my mission has taught me how much family really does matter. I miss you guys more than anything but I know I am making you guys proud being out here. I hope everyone is okay. Write me a letter. I like emails but I like letters better. Love you guys.

Love

Elder Taylor T Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment