ELDER GULL'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE

Friday, February 25, 2011

Letter #11

2-21-11

Dear Jessie,

Ya I am trying to have as wonderful a time as I can on my mission. Sorry it has taken so long for you to get letters from me. It's partly because I can only write letters on P-days which is Monday and I always get letters from you on Tuesdays. So I have to wait a week before I can write a letter to the one you sent me. I can't believe I have been gone for a month, almost 2. It seems a lot shorter. I know we have email to talk through, I'll keep it in mind, but it will still be around the same amount of time between emails, cause like letters I can only do email on Mondays. I wasn't really getting sick of the MTC, I loved the MTC, the thing is me and my companion kept getting in fights, so it was making that experience pretty miserable, and I tried to resolve the conflicts but something new always came up for some reason. Yes I ate the peanuts on the plane, even though I could have had crackers or cookies if I wanted to. It's not as scary to fly in a plane as people say it is. The coolest part about flying is when the plane gets high enough that you are above the clouds, cause they look really cool looking down on them. Take off and landing is pretty rough, landing more than take off, cause landing you are going pretty fast when the  plane touches the ground. That's pretty much it. you would like flying if you ever got the chance to. The experience with the baptist minister was fine, it helped me see that everyone is no going to accept the gospel just because I tell them to, not that I thought that to begin with :). I don't think that even if I did go back, he would join the church, cause all he wants to do is try to prove us wrong. My dreams have been really weird too, I think they have gotten weirder since I left the MTC. Most of my dreams have you in them, and they are just us hanging at your house, pretty much doing the same things we used to do before I left on my mission. The weirdest dream that I have had so far though is, I had to come home for some reason early; I think cause I got shot while in one of my areas I don't know for sure; but when I got home, no one would talk to me cause I came home early, and you told me that you hated me cause I didn't serve a full two year mission. It is the weirdest dream I have ever had, partly cause I don't think it could ever come true, but then again you never know what the future holds. It's good the face paint marks went away cause it would be really weird if you had those marks still. I hope you get better cause it really stinks when you have to go to school sick. It's good to hear about your family, they are pretty much my second family, it's good that everything is going good. Good job on being vice pres. in your seminary class. That is really cool. I know that you will do a good job doing it. I don't think they put us [me and my companion] together because we were from the same area, it's possible, but I don't know for sure. I am glad that you laughed about putting my middle name on my last letter cause that's what I was going for. I heard from Karrie that when you read the letter that I sent her you got scared when you read the P.S. I put on it, cause you thought I was talking to you. I don't know if that is true but that is what she told me. I knew that it wouldn't be a good idea having two letters going between us, cause we would keep talking about the same things and it would be confusing. That is why I fixed that, is because neither of us need to be confused about something like a letter. Hope you had a good week. Write back soon Greatest friend ever.

Your Best Friend,
Elder Taylor T. Gull

p.s.
thanks for being my friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment